Please note the following guidelines regarding all classes:
- Parents’ Responsibility: It is the parents’ responsibility to be aware of dates and events. We will post all notices in the lobby and emails will be sent to your login address. Current information regarding classes, payments, recitals, etc. can also be accessed through the studio website.
- Dress Code: We request that students carefully observe our dress code.
- Punctuality: Any student arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be admitted to class. For your safety and to receive full benefit from your class, please arrange for a make-up class if you expect to be very late.
- Class Time: All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class without informing the office or having another parent responsible during your absence. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
- Respect: School age children and teens, please practice respect. Students are not to be socializing in a disruptive manner during the class with other students. Please come early or stay late to enjoy friends in the waiting area. Please honor your teacher and fellow students by giving full attention and co-operation. You will be advised if we feel any student is not well adjusted to the classroom environment for any reason over time.
- Illness & Injury: During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor will send them to the office were the parents will be notified if not on the premises.
- Class Observation: Only students with a pre-existing sickness/injury are allowed to observe class. The parents must notify the office if a student is to observe class.
- Parent Visitation: Parents are invited to visit the classes throughout the year during assigned visitation weeks. The class teacher or the studio will announce visitation weeks. Due to the size of the classes and the rooms, we asked that only two visitors attend for each child.
- Out of Town Guests: Out of town guests may request to visit at any time throughout the year.
- Substitute Teacher: We reserve the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach. Substitute teachers will be LADA approved professional.
- Food and Drinks: Food and Drinks are not permitted in the dance rooms or the dressing room. A water bottle is permitted in class. Food/Drinks must remain in the lobby or in areas designated for eating. We have a NO GUM policy.
- Attendance: Regular attendance is necessary in order to make progress in class. Dancers who miss more than one class per month after January 1st may not be permitted in the recital if the dance routine is not learned. This is at the teacher’s discretion. Attendance at Studio and Dress Rehearsal is also required of all recital participants.
- Class Cancellation: We reserve the right to cancel or move a class if there are less than 6 students in the class. We reserve the right to cancel class for any severe weather, earthquakes, fires or unforeseen extenuating circumstances.
- Class Absences and Make-ups: If you are going to be absent, please call the studio so we can notify the teacher. Dancers have the option to make up a class by attending a class of the same age or level. Classes must be made up within one month of being absent. Please call the studio to arrange a time for a make-up lesson. See Make Up Class policy posted at the studio for additional information regarding make up classes.
- Withdrawing from Class: A withdrawal form must be received to drop a class. This is required to stop further charges to your account. No withdrawals will be accepted by phone. Withdrawal Forms are located at the front desk or can be downloaded from the website. Withdrawal Form
Dance class is educational and fun, however, an important part of class work is developing an attitude of discipline and respect for teachers and fellow students. We trust that following our classroom etiquette will provide an environment whereby classes at Los Angeles Dance Academy will be a pleasure for all concerned.